Medical Office Training Courses
HEALTHCARE IT PROFESSIONAL PART I
This course is the first in a two-part program designed to train students for a new career in the medical office! This program will prepare
students to manage the front office administration and computer support responsibilities of todayâs healthcare office. HIPPA compliance officer
training, healthcare cyber security, Microsoft Office Specialist, and CompTIA A+ are some of the areas in which the student will be trained.
This comprehensive course will give students the knowledge to sit for the the CompTIA A+ certification exams at the successful completion
of the course.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
Please Note: The student must complete all of the course modules and pass the final exam at the end of the Part II course to successfully finish the Health Information Technology program.
Upon successful completion of the Part I course, a student will be expected to begin the Part II course within three months. If the student takes longer than three months to begin the Part II course, the student will need to start the Part I course again.PRE-REQUISITES:
There are no prerequisites for this course. Students must have a computer, an e-mail account, and internet access. Students cannot enroll for more than one Online course at one time. A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
INSTRUCTOR: Career Step, LLC
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.*
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end one week prior to the course start date.
- Students cannot enroll for more than one Med Online course at the same time.
- A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to the online medical course web site and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access the web site and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
There are no hard copy textbooks required for the Healthcare IT Professional Part I course. All course modules are in an online format.
Since this course is completely online, your computer and internet connectivity will play an important role in your learning experience. Students must have reliable internet access and an active e-mail account for this course. The following minimum computer system specifications are recommended:
CREDENTIAL INFORMATION: The Healthcare IT program prepares students for the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 & 220-1002 exams. The CompTIA A+ certifications are valid in North Carolina and the following states.
|Florida||Nebraska||US Virgin Islands|
|Illinois||New York||West Virginia|
|Kansas||Northern Mariana Islands|