FTCC ONLINE MEDICAL BILLING
Please Note: To be eligible to take this course, students must be a North Carolina resident, a military veteran, active-duty military service member, a spouse of an active-duty military service member, or a dependent of an active-duty military service member.
Are you ready to gain new skills that will lead to new job opportunities? All hospitals and physicians' offices depend on support staff whose primary responsibilities are to file claims for healthcare reimbursement from insurance companies and third-party payers. This course will provide individuals with the knowledge and skills required to successfully complete all documentation for reimbursement of medical services rendered by healthcare professionals. This course also will train individuals in patient billing and collection, which addresses healthcare services not covered by insurance companies and third-party payers. Come learn the essentials of medical billing and be prepared to enter the workforce in an exciting time in the healthcare industry!
Successful completion of a medical coding program and/or professional coding experience.
INSTRUCTOR: Tina Gross
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
1. A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
2. The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
3. No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. ONE WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
A student also must have and provide FTCC with an e-mail address and phone number that FTCC administrative staff can utilize for course communication.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Health Insurance: A Guide to Billing and Reimbursement 14th
Blackboard integrated MindTap ONLY (Digital Product: e-textbook is built into MindTap)
- CengageBrain.com option for MindTap ONLINE
- ISBN: 9781337554282
- Current price on CengageBrain.com: $100.00
- CengageBrain.com option for MindTap AND TEXTBOOK
- ISBN: 9781337818889
- Current price on CengageBrain.com: $213.95
A student in the FTCC Online Medical Billing course must have access to a personal computer and/or lap top computer in addition to consistent and reliable internet access.