FTCC ONLINE MEDICAL ICD-10 CODING PART I
PLEASE NOTE: The FTCC Med Online courses are for North Carolina residents only.
This course is the first course in a two-part, instructor-led program that prepares students to work as medical coders in a physician's office or hospital setting. Medical coders utilize medical records and patient charts to find diagnostic and procedural information that can be put into numerical codes and used by insurance companies and third party payers for payment. This specific course provides an introduction to the medical coding industry and explores topics such as medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, medical records, medical ethics, ICD-10 coding, and more! Topics covered in this course provide foundational knowledge used in the everyday job duties of medical coding professionals. Throughout the course, students will have a structured, online learning environment and access to an instructor who is certified through AAPC and currently works in the field of medical coding.REQUIREMENTS:
Textbook(s): For more information on the course textbook(s) and materials, please contact 910.678.8446.
To enroll in the FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding program, the student will be required to enroll in FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding Part I. After completing FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding Part I, the student will enroll in the companion FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding Part II course. The student must complete both classes to successfully finish the FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding program.
PLEASE NOTE: PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE CLASS START DATE PRE-REQUISITES:
Students cannot enroll for more than one FTCC Med Online course at the same time.
A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course. INSTRUCTOR: Deborah Hammond
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end a week prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 15th, 2014
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 8th, 2014
- Students cannot enroll for more than one online program at the same time.
- A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be available to students in BlackBoard on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to BlackBoard and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access BlackBoard and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsTextbook(s): For more information on the course textbook(s) and materials, please contact 910.678.8446.
Computer RequirementsOperating System
- Minimum: Windows XP, Vista, or 7/Mac OSX 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7
- Recommended: Windows Vista or 7/Mac OSX 10.6 or 10.7
- Minimum: 1 GHz processor
- Recommended: 2 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum: 512 MB of RAM
- Recommended: 2 GB of RAM or higher
- Minimum: 1024 x 768
- Recommended: 1024 x 768 or higher
- Minimum: 5 GB of free disk space
- Recommended: 20 GB or higher of free space
- Minimum: Broadband (high-speed) Internet connection with a consistent minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps.
- Recommended: Broadband (high-speed) Internet connection with a speed of 4 Mbps or higher
- Minimum: IE8, IE9, Safari 4+, Chrome or Firefox
- Recommended: Safari and Firefox
Macromedia Flash Player: Required for viewing of video clips on BlackBoard
The Certified Professional Coder Certification is valid in North Carolina and the following states.
|Florida||Nebraska||US Virgin Islands|
|Illinois||New York||West Virginia|
|Kansas||Northern Mariana Islands|