FTCC ONLINE MEDICAL ICD-10 CODING PART II
Complete the two-part, instructor-led ICD-10 medical coding program! This course will prepare students for real-world, professional coding duties in a physician's office or hospital setting. Topics covered in this course include: ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS code sets. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be prepared to take the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) and/or Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certifications exams through AHIMA and/or AAPC respectively. Throughout the course, students will have a structured, online learning environment and access to an instructor who is a certified coder and currently works in the field of medical coding.REQUIREMENTS:
Students cannot enroll for more than one FTCC Med Online course at the same time.
The student must complete both FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding Part I and FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding Part II to successfully finish the FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding program.
PLEASE NOTE: PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE CLASS START DATE PRE-REQUISITES:
Successful completion of the FTCC Online Medical ICD-10 Coding Part I course. INSTRUCTOR: Deborah Hammond
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end a week prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 15th, 2014
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 8th, 2014
- Students cannot enroll for more than one online program at the same time.
- A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be available to students in BlackBoard on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to BlackBoard and complete the first course assignment within three days of the course start date. Failure to access BlackBoard and complete the first course assignment will result in a student's removal from the course.
If you have been impacted by COVID-19, you may be eligible for assistance. Please visit https://www.faytechcc.edu/corporate-continuing-education/ for more information on the GEER Scholarship.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
- Carol Buck's Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2020 Ed. (Student Must Purchase)
- AMA-CPT Code Book, 2017 Ed. (Do Not Purchase/E-Book Access Provided to Student)
- ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (Do Not Purchase/E-Book Access Provided to Student)
- ICD-10 CM & PCS (Do Not Purchase/E-Book Access Provided to Student)
- AMA-HCPCS Level II Code Book (Do Not Purchase-Instructor Will Provide Relevant Information from the Code Book on BlackBoard)
Computer RequirementsOperating System
- Minimum: Windows XP, Vista, or 7/Mac OSX 10.5, 10.6, or 10.7
- Recommended: Windows Vista or 7/Mac OSX 10.6 or 10.7
- Minimum: 1 GHz processor
- Recommended: 2 GHz or faster processor
- Minimum: 512 MB of RAM
- Recommended: 2 GB of RAM or higher
- Minimum: 1024 x 768
- Recommended: 1024 x 768 or higher
- Minimum: 5 GB of free disk space
- Recommended: 20 GB or higher of free space
- Minimum: Broadband (high-speed) Internet connection with a consistent minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps.
- Recommended: Broadband (high-speed) Internet connection with a speed of 4 Mbps or higher
- Minimum: IE8, IE9, Safari 4+, Chrome or Firefox
- Recommended: Safari and Firefox
- Macromedia Flash Player: Required for viewing of video clips on BlackBoard
The Certified Professional Coder Certification is valid in North Carolina and the following states.
|Florida||Nebraska||US Virgin Islands|
|Illinois||New York||West Virginia|
|Kansas||Northern Mariana Islands|