HUMAN ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY II
In this course, we'll cover some more advanced topics that we didn't have time for in Human Anatomy and Physiology I. We'll start with basic histologyâthe study of the different tissues in the body. You'll learn about the structure and function of epithelial, connective, nervous, and muscular tissue. You'll come to understand the different sub-types of these tissues, where they're located, and the special jobs they perform.
From there, we'll move on to a discussion of the different senses. We'll study how your brain receives and processes information from your skin, joints, muscles, and special balance organs in your ears. Then we'll discuss the sensations of sight, sound, taste, and smell. You'll learn about the organs that receive these sensations and how the brain makes sense of them.
We'll also delve into the important topic of cellular metabolismâthe chemical reactions that occur in cells. You'll find out about the major types of chemical reactions and see why food, oxygen, and water are essential for these chemical reactions to occur. And you'll learn about classes of chemicals called acids, bases, and salts, and their significance in the body.
Then we'll focus on the human life span. We'll start with a detailed explanation of the process of fertilization, proceed to a discussion of pregnancy and childbirth, and finally, talk about significant events that occur from infancy through old age. You'll also discover ways to slow down the aging process.
By the end of this course, you'll have an even greater appreciation of the complexity and wonder of the human body!REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)