LOSE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF
Do you want to lose weight and keep it off? Now you can! In this comprehensive course, you'll discover how to establish a healthy approach to weight loss and weight maintenance. You'll master how to set and achieve weight-loss and weight-maintenance goals that make sense for you.
Naturally, we'll begin with a discussion of the role of food in weight loss and weight maintenance. But we'll talk about far more than calories. From understanding food composition, portion sizes, and preparation methods, to meal composition and meal timing, you'll learn food basicsâand beyond! You'll discover how to eat out without jeopardizing your weight loss or disappointing your taste buds. We'll also discuss the basics of planning and preparing meals at home, and uncover tips and tricks for navigating the social elements of eating.
You may already appreciate that exercise is part of successful weight loss and weight maintenance. You may even know the differences between cardiorespiratory exercise, strength training, and lifestyle activity. We'll review these terms, and more important, discuss how to find exercise and activity that's enjoyable and helps you meet your weight-loss and weight-maintenance goals. You'll also discover how to take exercise to the next level and uncover thought patterns that negatively affect exercise and activity. Then we'll identify ways to overcome the challenges to regular exercise and activity.
We'll determine the role of hydration in weight loss and explore how to overcome obstacles to good hydration. You'll see how your thoughts affect your weight and evaluate the role of body image, emotional eating, and more in your own life. We'll examine how important sleep is in weight loss, and you'll learn how to get better sleep and cope effectively with sleeplessness.
We'll also probe the effects of stress on the body relative to weight and how to apply stress management techniques for weight loss and weight maintenance. You'll determine how other factors that affect weight, like genetics, pregnancy, menopause, aging, and cravings may be affecting your weight loss effortsâand learn practical strategies you can use to minimize their effects.
And since you don't want to lose weight only to gain it back again, we'll determine the differences between weight loss and weight maintenance, and see how to master the obstacles to weight maintenance. By the end of this course, you'll know how to set appropriate and effective goals for eating, exercise, and many other elements that affect your weight. You'll have the skills you need to lose weight and keep it off for a lifetime! REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)