FTCC ONLINE WORKING IN THE PHARMACY
Please Note: Students must be North Carolina residents and/or military-affiliated individuals stationed at a North Carolina military base to be eligible to take this course.
This course is designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to aid in the successful daily operation of a pharmacy. Course modules will include a brief overview of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology and emphasize ethics, today's most common pharmaceuticals, various forms of insurance plans, the differences in institutional and retail pharmacy settings, and pharmacy law, regulations, and standards. Students also will become familiar with pharmacology, prescriptions, pharmaceutical calculations, and non-sterile compounding. Upon completion of this course, students will be prepared to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
INSTRUCTOR: Kristy Smith, Pharm.D.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. ONE WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
A student also must have and provide FTCC with an e-mail address and phone number that FTCC administrative staff can utilize for course communication.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
- Mosby's Pharmacy Technician Principles and Practice (3rd edition)
- ISBN: 978-1-4377-0670-3
- Mosby's Review for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (3rd edition)
- ISBN: 978-0-323-11337-3