MEDICAL CODING CERTIFICATION EXAM PREPARATION
Are you ready for the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam through AAPC? If you are nervous about specific coding concepts or need a refresher, come join Deborah Hammond as she rigorously prepares individuals for the CPC certification exam! This course will provide individuals with an intensive curriculum that reviews medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, and HCPCS codes! In an effort to increase individualsâ levels of comfort with the CPC certification exam, individuals will also be provided with testing tips and strategies and complete practice exams before the conclusion of the course.
Successful completion of a medical coding program and/or professional coding experience.
INSTRUCTOR: Deborah Hammond
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
1. A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
2. The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
3. No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. ONE WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
A student also must have and provide FTCC with an e-mail address and phone number that FTCC administrative staff can utilize for course communication.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Textbook Requirements: Please have textbooks purchased on or before the start date of the course. Textbooks will be used on the first day of class!
- ICD-10-CM, 2018 Ed.
- ICD-10-PCS, 2018 Ed.
- AMA-CPT Code Book, 2018 Ed. (AMA Standard or Professional Editions ONLY)
- AMA-HCPCS Level II Code Book, 2018 Ed.