Medical Office Training Courses
PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL CODING & BILLING PART II
PLEASE NOTE: The FTCC Med Online courses are for North Carolina residents only.
Complete the medical coding and billing program! The second part of this AHIMA-approved program is a sixteen-week course that helps students learn CPT and HCPCS coding, advanced biomedical sciences, advanced ICD-10 coding, and advanced ICD-10-PCS coding. Students also practice their coding skills in extensive practical modules to gain valuable hands-on experience before taking their final exams. By the end of the course, students will be prepared to take the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) and Certified Professional Coder (CPC) examinations through AHIMA and AAPC respectively. Reference books and instructional and technical support are included in this course, which is instructed by Career Step. This course is online, and a student should plan to devote 25 to 30 hours per week to the course work.
Please Note: The student must complete all of the course modules and pass the final exam at the end of the Part II course to successfully finish the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding program.
To enroll in the Professional Medical Coding & Billing program, the student will be required to enroll in Professional Medical Coding & Billing Part I. After completing Professional Medical Coding & Billing Part I, the student will enroll in the companion Professional Medical Coding & Billing Part II course. The student must complete and pass both classes to successfully finish the Professional Medical Coding & Billing program.
INSTRUCTOR: Career Step, LLC
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
1. A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
2. The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.
3. No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment for a course will end a several days prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 8th, 2014
- Students cannot enroll for more than one Med Online course at the same time.
- A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be sent via e-mail to students on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to the online medical course web site and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access the web site and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Course materials are included in a student's registration. Effective October 2015, the ICD-10 coding textbooks will be shipped to students automatically after the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding Part II course begins and the drop/add/refund deadline has passed.
Please allow seven to ten business days for course books and/or materials to arrive.
A student in the Professional Medical Coding & Billing Part II course must have access to a personal computer and/or lap top computer in addition to consistent and reliable internet access.
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience. We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Microsoft Windows (XP�, Vista�, 7 with latest service pack)