Computer Education & Training Courses
Introduction to Networking explains computer networking basics in terms you can easily understand, using concepts common to everyday, non-computing experience. A brief introduction to networking history provides context, explaining how networks became so important to businesses and individuals. The course emphasizes networking fundamentals, explaining the software and hardware that makes networking possible. The course stresses understanding how and why networks work, rather than focusing on memorization of terms or numbers.
Upon completion of the course, you will be capable of performing basic computer networking tasks, such as Internet connectivity, configuring connections to an Internet Service Provider, and creating a private network. This course will give you the foundation you need to begin training for computer certification in a technical field, or employment in a computer networking career. REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)