Computer Education & Training Courses
If you want to learn touch-typing or improve your existing typing skills, this is the perfect course for you! In these lessons, you'll use the Keyboarding Pro 5 program, a typing tutorial designed for personal computers, to learn how to touch-typeâthat is, to type text you read from a printed page or a computer screen without looking at your keyboard.
Using Keyboarding Pro's built-in word processor, you'll learn how to create, edit, and save word processing documents. As you improve your typing speed and accuracy, you'll use the word processor's timed writing feature to continually hone your skills. You'll even learn posture tips to minimize fatigue and help prevent carpal tunnel syndrome.
With the skills you master here, you'll become faster and more confident at the keyboard. By the end of the course, you'll know how to touch-type the alphabetic, numeric, and symbol keys; create, save, and edit word processing documents; and successfully take a timed writing test during a job interview.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
When the class starts, you'll receive instructions in Lesson 1 for downloading and installing a working copy of Keyboarding Pro 5. (Note: It will take more than one hour to download this program.) Please do not purchase or download the software from another source.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
A Microsoft Windows-based PC, Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 operating system.
Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users.