Medical Office Training Courses
EXPLORE A CAREER IN MEDICAL WRITING
Take your first step toward a lucrative and rewarding career as a medical writer; no specialized or advanced degrees required! In this course, you'll learn about the different types of medical writing that you can do, how to break into and succeed in this industry, and how to write effectively on medical topics, whether you're writing for healthcare providers, patients, or regulatory organizations like the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
We'll examine the various types of writing that you can do, from producing technical pieces like abstracts and regulatory documentation to writing breezier items like medical news stories and patient education materials. You'll gain insights about what goes into putting together a solid and compelling article, regardless of what you're writing about or who you're writing for. Along the way, we'll review how to consider your audience and construct an outline that addresses your audience's informational needs. You'll also learn how to keep your writing free of medical jargon and common grammatical errors, while ensuring the scientific integrity of your work.
Throughout the lessons, you'll discover lots of invaluable tools and technologies that can make your life as a medical writer easier. We'll examine informational resources, productivity tools, marketing resources, devices, and software, and we'll review how to use them optimally to achieve your goals. You'll also discover numerous tips and tricks that can help set you apart from others in the field and enable you to keep your career momentum going. And of course, you'll master key medical and statistical terms that you'll need to know.
The knowledge you'll gain in this course will give you the foundation and confidence you need to work for almost anyone as a medical writer, whether your goal is to find permanent employment with a company or to work as a freelancer from the comfort of your own home.
â¢ Internet access
â¢ One of the following browsers:
o Mozilla Firefox
o Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
o Google Chrome
â¢ Adobe PDF plug-in (a free download obtained at Adobe.com .)
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyDeadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the “Search Catalog” bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red “Add to Cart” button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the “Continue to Checkout” button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the “Classroom” link to access your course or courses.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.