PHOTOSHOP CC FOR THE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER
Adobe Photoshop CC (also known as Photoshop Creative Cloud) is a powerful subscription software solution providing support and specialized editing tools for digital photographers and graphic artists. In this course, you'll master techniques to edit and enhance your digital images and add a professional polish to your work. Designed for those with no image-editing experience, this class will take you from novice to accomplished photo editor. This course was updated to the latest version of Photoshop CC in July 2016.
This course offers simple, step-by-step instructions for basics like cropping, rotating, and sizing images. You'll also experiment with Photoshop's tools for correcting exposure, adjusting color and color casts, as well as working with Adobe's powerful layer and selection tools. You'll learn exactly what you need to do to add text, retouch, and even clone away unwanted elements from your images. You'll see how to work with raw images and prepare images for print or online use. All along the way, your instructor will guide you with detailed explanations and instructions for using the tools that make this software so popular and unique in the world of digital image editing. The lessons are yours to keep so you'll have all the information you need to work on your own images.
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button. PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsThis course is written with Windows software, but Macintosh users will find the software is quite similar and are welcome in this course. Mac users will need to be comfortable with the normal Windows/Mac conversion for keyboard differences which your instructor will provide in class. All coursework and examples are based on Windows using Photoshop CC software.
Students should feel comfortable acquiring digital images, either with a digital camera, using images scanned onto CDs, or scanning film prints. Basic computer skills, such as using a mouse, creating and accessing folders, and downloading and saving files will be briefly reviewed in this course, but should be familiar to students.
In addition to Internet access for classroom participation, students will need Adobe's Photoshop CC or later updates such as Photoshop CC (2014) installed and functioning to take full advantage of the course.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)