DISCOVER DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
Join us and explore the world of digital photography!
Completely rewritten and updated, Discover Digital Photography introduces the technology that has catapulted the photographic world into the 21st century. You'll explore a broad overview of the basics of digital photography, including equipment, software, and practical uses. We'll discuss different types of digital cameras, from phones and tablets to digital SLRs, all of which offer a wide array of photographic options. We'll also help you decide what type of equipment fits your needs, and you'll have hands-on exercises so you can explore the areas that interest you.
A discussion of digital photography wouldn't be complete without digital editing options. We'll explore a number of software packages, and you'll learn how to compose your shots when you know you have digital editing available to you. You'll also find out about your digital storage optionsâon the camera, the computer, and even beyond into cloud storage and online backups.
Whether you plan to print or upload your images, you'll want to be sure that they're the right size to display with excellent quality and speed. We'll review how to size images for use on your computer, the Internet, and with social media. You'll also get a good introduction to printing images and making decisions about your archival options. And we'll discuss how industry and business use digital imaging today.Digital photography plays a big part in social media communication and image sharing, and we'll discuss the basics of posting images online and some pros and cons of uploading to the Internet. This is especially important if you're traveling and sharing pictures with friends and family back home. As we get to the end of our class, you'll have a chance to explore more options for traveling with your camera that might be new to you!
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College’s Corporate & Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in Raleigh on October 15, 1993 and updated May 16, 2014. The full refund policy is listed in the State Board of Community Colleges Code 1E SBCCC 900.2 with a brief statement of the policy below:
A pre-registered student who officially withdraws from a Continuing Education class(es) prior to the first section meeting of the class will be eligible for a
refund by completing an official request form. In order to be eligible for a 100 percent refund, it is required that a student’s drop request be made prior to
the first class meeting and FTCC encourages students to request a drop at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.
A 75 percent refund will be given if a student officially withdraws after the start of the class and prior to the 10 percent point of the class. This applies to
all courses except a course that begins and ends on the same day. A refund shall not be granted after the start of a course that begins and ends on the
No refunds will be given after the 10 percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsA few computer-specific examples are included, which are based on Windows. Mac students are welcome, but may not be able to duplicate all examples.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)