TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY FOR THE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER
The lure of travel is surpassed only by the inevitable desire to bring home pictures and share your adventures. Since the late 1800s when George Eastman produced the first traveling camera with the slogan, "You press the button, we do the rest," travel and photography have been eternally joined. With the added benefits of digital photography so readily available to consumers today, the field is full of new opportunities and new challenges.
Join us and discover this fascinating world through a photographer's eye. This course will address the special needs and techniques digital photographers need to capture scenes from around the world and bring them home. We'll focus on specific tips for digital photographers, and how to use both traditional techniques as well as those unique to digital equipment.
We'll look at subjects such as wildlife on land and at sea, and how to get the best shots of animals in captivity as well as those in the wild. We'll discuss ways to blend in with nature for this popular area of photography and the best kind of equipment for specialized shooting.
We'll share tips on taking shots for professional use and those to treasure from a family vacation. We'll discuss the situations that require model and property releases, and those that don't. You'll learn how and when it's appropriate to pay people to take their picture and how to make the most of those types of opportunities.
Environmental challenges can put your camera equipment in jeopardy, yet conditions such as freezing temperatures and tropical heat often abound in some of the most beautiful places in the world. This class will address those issues and offer practical solutions that travel easily.
You'll learn more about traveling with digital equipment and what to take and what to leave behind as you venture into the wilderness, onto a cruise ship, up in a helicopter, or over an international border. We'll share various examples from destinations around the world, and expand your knowledge of techniques for shooting digitally and working with the images after you get back. REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Completion of Beverly Schulz's Secrets of Better Photography online course (or equivalent photography experience.)
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College’s Corporate & Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in Raleigh on October 15, 1993 and updated May 16, 2014. The full refund policy is listed in the State Board of Community Colleges Code 1E SBCCC 900.2 with a brief statement of the policy below:
A pre-registered student who officially withdraws from a Continuing Education class(es) prior to the first section meeting of the class will be eligible for a
refund by completing an official request form. In order to be eligible for a 100 percent refund, it is required that a student’s drop request be made prior to
the first class meeting and FTCC encourages students to request a drop at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.
A 75 percent refund will be given if a student officially withdraws after the start of the class and prior to the 10 percent point of the class. This applies to
all courses except a course that begins and ends on the same day. A refund shall not be granted after the start of a course that begins and ends on the
administrative side of the Learn FTCC website.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)