Teacher Training Courses
TEACHING STUDENTS WITH ADHD
Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder are always hearing things like "Try harder," "Pay attention," and "Sit still." And they'd love to do these thingsâbut they don't know how!
In this course, you'll discover practical ways to help children with ADHD control their behavior and succeed in school. And you'll be learning from the real experts: the children themselves. You'll find out how Kristi controls her behavior and how Wanda handles boredom. You'll see how Adam jump-starts his thought processes, how Harry satisfies his need to move without bothering his teacher, and how Darren aces his homework.
In addition, you'll hear from parents and teachers about the amazing benefits of relatively simple adaptations in space, structure, rules, and expectations. You'll also explore myths and facts about ADHD and see how this condition affects motivation, activity level, attention, and memory.
These lessons will arm you with powerful strategies you can put to use immediately in your own classroom. By the time you're done, you'll have the skills and knowledge you need to help students with ADHD compensate for their problems and achieve their full potential.
Note: If you are seeking teacher renewal credits or CEU's, please check with your appropriate Professional Development Coordinator.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
There are no pre-requisites for this course. INSTRUCTOR: Ed2Go
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College’s Corporate & Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in Raleigh on October 15, 1993 and updated May 16, 2014. The full refund policy is listed in the State Board of Community Colleges Code 1E SBCCC 900.2 with a brief statement of the policy below:
A pre-registered student who officially withdraws from a Continuing Education class(es) prior to the first section meeting of the class will be eligible for a
refund by completing an official request form. In order to be eligible for a 100 percent refund, it is required that a student’s drop request be made prior to
the first class meeting and FTCC encourages students to request a drop at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.
A 75 percent refund will be given if a student officially withdraws after the start of the class and prior to the 10 percent point of the class. This applies to
all courses except a course that begins and ends on the same day. A refund shall not be granted after the start of a course that begins and ends on the
No refunds will be given after the 10 percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
Internet access, email, the Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser, and the Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you obtain at http://www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader).