Teacher Training Courses
TEACHING SMARTER WITH SMART BOARDS
SMART Boards are revolutionizing today's classroom. Using these exciting interactive whiteboards, you can create multimedia lessons that engage learners and address their diverse needs.
But having SMART Boards in the classroom and knowing how to use them to provide quality instruction are two different things! If you have a Smart Board in your classroom but have little training in using it, you may be wonderingâ"What on earth do I do with it?"
In this class, you'll discover how to create outstanding presentations with SMART Board and SMART Notebook technology. You'll explore the basics of using these tools and discover how to create your own SMART board lessons blending text, videos, and graphics. You'll also go beyond the bells and whistles and look at specific ways to use SMART technology to broaden your content and make your lessons accessible to all students. Finally, you'll get some simple trouble-shooting tips that will come in handy if your SMART board isn't acting as smart as it should.
By the time you're done with this course, you'll be an expert at using your new high-tech tools to plan SMART board lessons that provide engaging, thought-provoking, and easy-to-update material for today's media-savvy learners.
Note: If you are seeking teacher renewal credits or CEU's, please check with your appropriate Professional Development Coordinator.
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College’s Corporate & Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in Raleigh on October 15, 1993 and updated May 16, 2014. The full refund policy is listed in the State Board of Community Colleges Code 1E SBCCC 900.2 with a brief statement of the policy below:
A pre-registered student who officially withdraws from a Continuing Education class(es) prior to the first section meeting of the class will be eligible for a
refund by completing an official request form. In order to be eligible for a 100 percent refund, it is required that a student’s drop request be made prior to
the first class meeting and FTCC encourages students to request a drop at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.
A 75 percent refund will be given if a student officially withdraws after the start of the class and prior to the 10 percent point of the class. This applies to
all courses except a course that begins and ends on the same day. A refund shall not be granted after the start of a course that begins and ends on the
No refunds will be given after the 10 percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
You will also need the following to support the SMART software:
Technical Requirements (Windows)
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor or better
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM for 4K/UHD displays)
- Free hard disk space: 4.7 GB
- Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.5.1 for SMART Notebook software and SMART Ink
- Microsoft Visual Studio® Tools 2010 for Office for SMART Ink
- Adobe® Flash® Player 23 ActiveX® control for SMART Notebook software
- DirectX® technology 10 or later for SMART Notebook software
- Internet Explorer® Internet browser 8 or later
- Internet access to download Gallery content and Language Packs
Additional Information / Requirements
- Adobe Flash Player 23 Firefox® plug-in for SMART Notebook software
- DirectX 10 compatible graphics hardware for SMART Notebook software
- Windows 7 SP1 Platform Update KB2670838
- Windows Update KB3033929
Note: You will receive instructions in Lesson 3 to download the SMART software. If you will be using the 30-day free trial offer, please do not download it prior to Lesson 3.
*This course was written for the Windows Operating System. There is similar SMART software available for Mac O/S X. If you take this course and are using a Mac, please be advised there are noticeable differences between the Windows version and the Mac version.