Web Graphics/Multimedia and Web Page Design Courses
INTERMEDIATE INDESIGN CC
If you've ever struggled to complete a project in InDesign, or wondered how to save time and increase efficiency in your work, this is the course for you! You'll get hands-on training and experience using many of the more advanced tools and features of this powerful program. While the course focuses on using InDesign in the Creative Cloud (CC), it includes instruction and practice files for any version of InDesign CS4 or newer.
In each lesson, you'll master important features as you prepare a range of print and online products for a fictional resort and conference center. You'll get dozens of files to work with, including templates and partially completed InDesign documents to start each lesson, and the graphics, fonts, and other content to complete the project. Many lessons include advanced content, such as techniques for managing snippets, swatch files, and color. And for reference, you'll always get a copy of the finished InDesign project fileâusable in InDesign CS4 and newer.
Lesson by lesson, you'll discover how to use program features to produce professional brochures, forms, and documents, and produce publications for different page sizes and devices. By the time you finish the course, you'll not only be comfortable designing and planning your own workflows and templates, you'll also know the most efficient and effective ways to take your InDesign publications to the next level.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyDeadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
One of the following Adobe InDesign CC Student or retail versions (Mac or Windows): Adobe InDesign CS6 (Windows), Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium (Windows), Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Windows), InDesign CS6 (Mac), Adobe CS6 Design and Web Premium (Mac), or Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Mac). Older versions of Adobe InDesign are also applicable, including all versions of Adobe InDesign CS5, CS5.5, and CS4.
Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins; Microsoft Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 or Windows 8; Mac OS X v10.6.8, v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9.
Other requirements: Windows - Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon 64 processor and 2GB of RAM (8GB recommended); Mac OS - Multicore Intel processor and 2GB of RAM (8GB recommended).
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
Adobe PDF plug-in (a free download obtained at Adobe.com .)