SPANISH FOR MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS II
Do you feel like you have a pretty good sense of intro Spanish, but are ready to take it to the next level? This course picks up where the first course, Spanish for Medical Professionals, left off. And if you didn't take the first course, no problem! This course is also for healthcare providers who already have a pretty good sense of Spanish, but just need more medical vocabulary to sharpen their skills.
We'll review the basic body parts and organs, but we'll also explore vocabulary and phrases related to insurance and expressions for patient assessments, exams, and communicating pain. You'll learn terminology found in tons of specialties, including pediatrics, geriatrics, mental health, OB/GYN, radiology, orthopedics, cardiovascular, oncology, physical and occupational therapies, dermatology, dentistry, and ophthalmology. We'll even talk about terms related to diet and discharge. It's a great Spanish foundation for healthcare workers!
And for grammar? While we won't spend a ton of time here, at this point in your Spanish learning, it's useful to learn how to make your own sentences and not just rely on memorized phrases. So you'll review the basics of pronouns and present tense verbs (both regular and irregular), and begin to learn about reflexive verbs, commands, past tense (preterite and imperfect), present progressive tense, comparisons, and phrases for giving advice and suggestions. If you've studied Spanish before, the course provides a nice review, and if not, it's a good way to get your first exposure to these grammar points.
So come along and follow our Spanish-speaking families! See what situations our patients HÃ©ctor, MarÃa, Javier, and Pili get into this time!REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
INSTRUCTOR: Ed2Go (SS - $85)
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)