BARBER TRAINING I
This is Part I of a three part program that will train both men and women to become entry-level barbers. It will take roughly one year to complete the 1528 hours required by the NC State Barber Board. Topics include theory and lab experience to prepare for the NC State Board Licensure Examination. See course materials section below for additional cost of textbooks, barber kit and uniform. For additional questions please call 910-678-0033 or 910-678-0032.
Deadline to register is August 25th
Please make sure to use a working email address and phone number when registering so that you are assured to receive important information.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the beginning of this class could start online therefore internet access would be needed. There are computer labs on FTCC campus for you to use if needed.
For a limited time, the City of Fayetteville is offering Job Skills Training assistance to eligible students. Please click the link below for more information and application.
NC State Board requires each student to have a permit before starting class. The cost of the permit is $25.00 which is included in the registration fee.
Registration fee for Part II and Part III will be $180 each. This fee will be due a month prior to the scheduled start date.PRE-REQUISITES:
High School Diploma or GED
INSTRUCTOR: Virginia Stinney
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end a week prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 15th, 2014
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 8th, 2014
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Book Cost: $244.00 plus tax (approximate)
- Available in the FTCC Bookstore
- "Milady's Standard Professional Barbering" 6th Edition Textbook, Workbook and Exam Review Book Required
Barbering Kit Cost: $419.50 plus tax (approximate)
- Available for purchase only at FTCC Bookstore
Uniform Cost: $38.59-$40.99 plus tax (Dependent on size ordered)
- Barber Smock and Namebadge (Purchase at Castle Uniforms on Skibo Road)
- Remaining items for uniform may be purchased at store of choice:
Black Dress Pants
White Button-up Dress Shirt (Long or short sleeve)
Black Tie, Shoes and Socks (Shoes must be ALL Black, no laces)
These classes are currently running Face-to-Face. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these classes could move to an online format. There are computer labs on FTCC campus for you to use if needed.