BARBERING II AND BARBERING III
This course covers more comprehensive aspects of barbering and simulated shop settings. Emphasis is placed on intermediate level of hair and skin care, facials, product knowledge, shaving, draping, hair cutting and styling (men and women).
This course covers advanced aspects of barbering and advanced simulated shop settings. Emphasis is placed on the efficient and competent delivery of all shop services in preparation for the State Board Barbering License Exam and employment. Topics will include chemical services, hair coloring, basic manicuring, nail disorders and diseases, and shop employment opportunities.
Previous Barbering school hours
State Board Student Permit
High school diploma/GED
Must complete assessment to determine placement
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyTo enroll in Barbering II or Barbering III, you must come in person for assessment and registration to the Neill Currie Building (room 5).
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Requirements for New FTCC Barbering Students or transfer students:
Book Cost: $244.00 plus tax (approximate)
- Available in the FTCC Bookstore
- "Milady's Standard Professional Barbering" 6th Edition Textbook, Workbook and Exam Review Book Required
Barbering Kit Cost: $419.50 plus tax (approximate)
- Available for purchase only at FTCC Bookstore
Uniform Cost: $38.59-$40.99 plus tax (Dependent on size ordered)
- Barber Smock and name badge (Purchase at Castle Uniforms on Skibo Road)
- Remaining items for uniform may be purchased at store of choice:
Black Dress Pants
White Button-up Dress Shirt (Long or short sleeve)
Black Tie, Shoes and Socks (Shoes must be ALL Black, no laces)