PHYSICAL THERAPY OFFICE PROFESSIONAL
Are you ready to begin a career in healthcare? Train for a career as Physical Therapy Office Professional and learn valuable skills that will make you an essential part of a physical therapy practice! This course will equip an individual with the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare equipment for patient treatment, assist the physical therapist in selected procedures, aid in moving patients, maintain order and cleanliness throughout a physical therapy practice, and perform clerical duties such as taking inventory, managing electronic health records, and patient scheduling and communication. Additional topics covered in this course include: medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, healthcare structure and organization, documentation and reimbursement, medical records management, patient interaction, patient preparation, Microsoft Office software, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. Individuals also will complete fifteen (15) hours of physical therapy aide simulations. Upon successful completion of this course, an individual will be prepared to sit for the Basic Life Support/CPR certification, the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) certification through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA), and the Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist (CPTAS) certification through the National Career Certification Board (NCCB).
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
SCHOLARSHIP: Students may qualify for a scholarship to cover tuition and/or course fees. Please review the ELIGIBLE PROGRAMS HERE.
Please Note: The student must complete all of the course modules and pass the final exam(s) to successfully finish the Physical Therapy Office Professional course.
INSTRUCTOR: Career Step, LLC
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.*
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
*Please Note: If a student received a scholarship and paid a registration fee of $1.00 for his or her online course that started April 4th, 2018, the student is not eligible to receive a 75-percent refund if the student drops his or her course after the start date of the course and prior to the 10-percent point of the course.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end one week prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 12th, 2011
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 6th, 2011
- Students cannot enroll for more than one FTCC Med Online course at a time.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be sent via e-mail to students on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to the online medical course web site and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access the web site and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer RequirementsInternet Access
- 33.6 kbps minimum, but 56k or greater is recommended
- DSL cable modem is even better.
- Wireless is acceptable, too.
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x *
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)*
- Microsoft Windows (XP�, Vista�, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)*
* Mobile browsing devices are not currently supported. However, Career Step is investigating the implementation of mobile device support, and these specifications will be updated once a decision has been reached.
** The Opera browser has been successfully utilized to view courses from an iPad.
The Certified Physical Therapy Aide Specialist Certification is valid in North Carolina and the following states.
|Florida||Nebraska||US Virgin Islands|
|Illinois||New York||West Virginia|
|Kansas||Northern Mariana Islands|