INTERMEDIATE QUICKBOOKS 2017
Learning how to use QuickBooks to its full potential goes beyond learning the program's basic features. Even experienced QuickBooks users struggle when applying certain business situations to QuickBooks. In this course, we'll go beyond the basics as you master QuickBooks' more advanced features and applications.
You'll learn to manage multiple company files, export and import list data from one file to another, and make journal entries. If your business handles inventory, you'll learn how to enter price levels and track discounts and credits. You'll even learn how to track mileage on vehicles you use in your business.
This course also covers many other common topics that small business owners encounter, including creating customer statements, assessing finance charges on overdue balances, using QuickBooks' batch invoicing features to create multiple invoices, and writing off past due balances when the customer won't pay.
Finally, you'll learn how to enter common owner transactions, including when the owner takes money out of the business or invests new capital. You'll even learn how to deal with those difficult situations where you may pay for a business transaction using personal cash. The course concludes with a discussion of how to track loans and use the budgeting feature to better plan and control your business.This course is designed for those who already have a good grasp on the basics of this program or have successfully completed the Introduction to QuickBooks course. Whether you're a small-business owner, or bookkeeper or accountant needing a QuickBooks refresher, this course will make you more confident and secure in accounting for your business.
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
- This course must be taken on a PC. It is not suitable for Mac users.
- Windows Vista or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- The desktop version of QuickBooks Premier Edition 2017 is recommended for this course (not included in enrollment). QuickBooks Pro 2017 can be used, but please be aware that there are some features discussed in the course that are not available in the Pro edition. However, the course lessons have been modified to accommodate Pro version users. The Enterprise version of the software can also be used.
- Note that while this course is based on the U.S. version of QuickBooks, users of the Canadian and Australian versions will be supported in the Discussion Areas to the extent possible.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
This course is designed for those QuickBooks users that already feel that they have a good grasp on the basics or have successfully completed Introduction to QuickBooks.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.