INTERMEDIATE PHOTOSHOP CC
Photoshop is the world's most popular photo-editing program. It's a fun and creative way to alter photographs and prepare them for print or the Web. If you're already familiar with Photoshop, this course will help you explore the program's more advanced features.
You'll master the techniques of non-destructive editing so you can re-edit, re-use, and change projects long after they were originally created (and long after the Photoshop "undo" command has expired). If you like scrapbooking or you want to make page layouts that you can fill with graphics, you'll appreciate the reusable templates you can create with Photoshop CC.
You'll also learn how to save every single pixel in your original image, and use Smart Objects to crop or resize an image and get it back to its original size months afterwards. (You'll even gets some tips on how to warp Smart Objects that will make the tabloid newspapers jealous!) And you'll see how to make adjustments to your images, such as shadowing and embossing, that can be edited at any time without destroying the original image.
Whether you want to use Photoshop to edit photos, design scrapbook pages, or do original artwork, this class will give you the building blocks you need. You'll take a giant leap forward in creativity and productivityâand you'll also have a lot of fun!REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Introduction to Photoshop CS3, CS4, or CS5 needs to have been completed or you need a good working knowledge of the basic tools in Photoshop and be able to make selections, use the Clone Stamp tool and Healing brushes, and do elementary color correction. You will also need to have a program that extracts the example files from the Zip file provided with each lesson, know how to create a new file folder and locate files on your hard drive. You will need an online album to display and share your work with the instructor. Instructions will be provided in the first lesson.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Creative Cloud either the full version or the Photography special is acceptable. You may also use the 30-day free trial software provided by Adobe, but if you do, you must wait until week 3 of the course to install it and actually begin to work through the course. Otherwise your trial will end before the last four lessons are released.
Windows Requirements: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (2GHz or faster), Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1*, 1GB of RAM, 2.5GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices), 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with OpenGL® 2.0, 16-bit color, and 512MB of VRAM (1GB recommended), and Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.
Mac Requirements: Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, Mac OS X v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9, 1GB of RAM, 3.2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices), 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with OpenGL 2.0, 16-bit color, and 512MB of VRAM (1GB recommended), Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)