Medical Office Training Courses
ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS OFFICE PROFESSIONAL
PLEASE NOTE: The FTCC Med Online courses are for North Carolina residents only.
Train for a new career as an Electronic Health Records Office Professional! In this career, individuals play an integral role in the daily operations of physician's offices and hospitals. Throughout this course, students will learn Microsoft Office basics, healthcare documentation and reimbursement, practice finances, and standard office procedures. In addition, students will be focusing heavily on a vital component of the medical field-electronic health records. Students will complete interactive course modules that include over 20 hours of training on the industry-standard ezEMRx EHR software. Upon completion of the Electronic Health Records Office Professional program students will be prepared for the Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) and Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) certification exams through the National Healthcare Association (NHA).
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
SCHOLARSHIP: Students may qualify for a scholarship
to cover tuition and/or course fees. Please review the ELIGIBLE
Please Note: The student must complete all of the course modules and
pass the final exam to successfully finish the Online Electronic Health Records Office Professional course.
INSTRUCTOR: Career Step, LLC
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.*
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end one week prior to the course start date.
- Students cannot enroll for more than one FTCC Med Online course at a time.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be sent via e-mail to students on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to the online medical course web site and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access the web site and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsThere are no hard copy textbooks required for the Electronic Health Records Office Professional course. All course modules are in an online format.
Computer RequirementsInternet Access
- 33.6 kbps minimum, but 56k or greater is recommended
- DSL cable modem is even better.
- Wireless is acceptable, too.
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x *
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)*
- Microsoft Windows (XP�, Vista�, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)*
* Mobile browsing devices are not currently supported. However, Career Step is investigating the implementation of mobile device support, and these specifications will be updated once a decision has been reached.
** The Opera browser has been successfully utilized to view courses from an iPad.
Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
(CMMA) and These certifications are valid in North Carolina and the following states.
|Florida||Nebraska||US Virgin Islands|
|Illinois||New York||West Virginia|
|Kansas||Northern Mariana Islands|