Medical Office Training Courses
WORKING IN THE PHARMACY PART I
PLEASE NOTE: The FTCC Med Online courses are for North Carolina residents only.
The Online Working in the Pharmacy Part 1 course is the first course in a two-part, American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP)-approved program that prepares students for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification exam (PTCE). This course is designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills necessary to aid in the successful daily operation of a pharmacy. Course modules will emphasize pharmacy job roles and responsibilities, keyboarding accuracy and skills, knowledge of pharmacy computer hardware and software, communication skills, customer service techniques, payment processing, familiarity with various forms of insurance plans, producing audit logs, and pharmacy law, regulations, and standards. Students also will become familiar with pharmacology, prescriptions, pharmaceutical calculations, and non-sterile compounding.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE THE CLASS START DATE.
Please Note: The student must complete all of the course modules and pass the final exam to be eligible to earn a passing grade and certificate for the Working in the Pharmacy Part 1 course. PRE-REQUISITES:
There are no prerequisites for this course. Students must have a computer, an e-mail account, and internet access.
Students cannot enroll for more than one FTCC Med Online course at one time. INSTRUCTOR: Career Step, LLC
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.*
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
*Please Note: If a student received a scholarship and paid a registration fee of $1.00 for his or her online course that started April 4th, 2018, the student is not eligible to receive a 75-percent refund if the student drops his or her course after the start date of the course and prior to the 10-percent point of the course.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end a several days prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 12th, 2011
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 6th, 2011
- Students cannot enroll for Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding & Online Medical Transcription at the same time.
- A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be sent via e-mail to students on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to the online medical course web site and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access the web site and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer RequirementsInternet Access
- 33.6 kbps minimum, but 56k or greater is recommended
- DSL cable modem is even better.
- Wireless is acceptable, too.
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x *
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)*
- Microsoft Windows (XP�, Vista�, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)*
* The Medical Transcription Editor program includes a third party software tool that makes the training only compatible with Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer 7.x, 8.x., or 9.x.
** Mobile browsing devices are not currently supported. However, Career Step is investigating the implementation of mobile device support, and these specifications will be updated once a decision has been reached.
*** The Opera browser has been successfully utilized to view courses from an iPad.
The Certified Pharmacy Technician Certification is valid in North Carolina and the following states.
|Florida||Nebraska||US Virgin Islands|
|Illinois||New York||West Virginia|
|Kansas||Northern Mariana Islands|