Computer Education & Training Courses
WHAT'S NEW IN MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013
In this course, you'll learn how to use the exciting new features of Microsoft Office 2013, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, OneNote, and Publisher, using step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions. With this latest version of the Microsoft Office, you'll be able to store and share your work "in the cloud" on Microsoft SkyDrive, a great, free online location that lets you access your files from any computer.
You'll explore Word, where you'll get experience using the new Start screen, templates, and Ribbon commands. You'll master new features in graphics, movies, and tables as well as the new Reviewing features and Office apps (some great mini-programs you can add to Office), and learn how you can work with PDFs in Word.
In Excel, you'll learn to speed up your work using the Quick Analysis tool, Flash Fill, and some great new chart features. You'll also get an orientation to PivotTables and explore a few new PivotTable tricks.
In PowerPoint, you'll discover new ways to make your presentations look better than ever, including themes, graphics, shapes, colors, and animation. You'll also learn how to use the new Presenter view and commenting features, and how to present your slide show in an online meeting.
In Access, you'll get acquainted with WebApps, which are Access databases you can put online and share with others who can use it with their Web browsers they don't even need Access to use it! We'll also take a quick spin through the new features of the Office email program, Outlook.
In addition, we'll explore often-overlooked but really valuable note-taking program, OneNote, as well as the easy-to-use page layout program, Publisher. And we'll top everything off with a bonus lesson on how to use some of the Office programs together, a skill known as integration. Before you know it, you'll be using each MS Office 2013 program with ease, and working more efficiently with cloud computing! REQUIREMENTS:
One of the following browsers:
o Mozilla Firefox
o Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
o Google Chrome
Adobe PDF plug-in (a free download obtained at Adobe.com .)
Microsoft Office 2013 Professional, containing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Outlook, and Publisher (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins);Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 7 [Not supported on Macintosh]. If you are using Office Home & Student or Office Home and Business, you can read the chapters about Outlook, Access, and Publisher, without keystroking them. Another option is to download a free 30-day trial of Office 365 Home Premium at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/. This version has all the programs you'll need for this course, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Outlook, and Publisher. This will also give you access to a SharePoint server, where you can create the WebApp in Lesson 8. It's not a good idea to have two versions of Office on the same machine, so if you do download it, try it on a second machine. All versions of Office 2013 require one of the following operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2012. Note that earlier versions of Windows are not supported. Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users. PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College’s Corporate & Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in Raleigh on October 15, 1993 and updated May 16, 2014. The full refund policy is listed in the State Board of Community Colleges Code 1E SBCCC 900.2 with a brief statement of the policy below:
A pre-registered student who officially withdraws from a Continuing Education class(es) prior to the first section meeting of the class will be eligible for a
refund by completing an official request form. In order to be eligible for a 100 percent refund, it is required that a student’s drop request be made prior to
the first class meeting and FTCC encourages students to request a drop at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.
A 75 percent refund will be given if a student officially withdraws after the start of the class and prior to the 10 percent point of the class. This applies to
all courses except a course that begins and ends on the same day. A refund shall not be granted after the start of a course that begins and ends on the
No refunds will be given after the 10 percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.