Web Graphics/Multimedia and Web Page Design Courses
ADVANCED CSS3 AND HTML5
You've heard the buzz about CSS3 and HTML5? These latest versions of HTML and CSS have redefined how Web pages are created. So if you're going to design Web pages, you need to know how to work with CSS3 and HTML5.
This course will teach you how to take advantage of HTML5 "semantic" tags that make page design far more intuitive, faster, and easier compared to older versions of HTML. And you'll learn to use HTML5 to create basic mobile pages and apps.
In this class, you'll learn to use HTML5 to provide video that works in any environment. HTML5 makes it possible to build inviting forms that test user data without back-end coding. It also allows designers to include friendly tools like calendars, calculators, and color palettes to encourage accurate user input. You'll leave this course with the skills to create all those elements.
And you'll learn to wield new CSS3 features essential for fast-loading, exciting, interactive websites, especially mobile sites. You'll create complex gradient blend backgrounds for pages and page elements, without using image files. And you'll learn to use jQuery Mobile to create app-like mobile Web pages and themes complex sets of styles for mobile sites.
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College’s Corporate & Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in Raleigh on October 15, 1993 and updated May 16, 2014. The full refund policy is listed in the State Board of Community Colleges Code 1E SBCCC 900.2 with a brief statement of the policy below:
A pre-registered student who officially withdraws from a Continuing Education class(es) prior to the first section meeting of the class will be eligible for a
refund by completing an official request form. In order to be eligible for a 100 percent refund, it is required that a student’s drop request be made prior to
the first class meeting and FTCC encourages students to request a drop at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.
A 75 percent refund will be given if a student officially withdraws after the start of the class and prior to the 10 percent point of the class. This applies to
all courses except a course that begins and ends on the same day. A refund shall not be granted after the start of a course that begins and ends on the
No refunds will be given after the 10 percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsThe only software is required for this course is a current generation browser: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer (version 9 or higher), or Safari (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); you may take this course using a desktop or laptop computer with any version of Microsoft Windows, or any other operating system including OSX, Chrome, or Linux.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)