Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT WORD 2011 FOR MAC
The world's most popular word processor for creating documents and formatting text is Microsoft Word. Now you can learn to use Word 2011, the version specifically designed to work with Apple's popular Macintosh computers. Whether you're new to Word or you're familiar with Word for Windows, you'll quickly master the program's user interface and be able to create pages from your first lesson. In addition, you'll learn how to easily transfer documents between Word 2011 for Mac and any version of Microsoft Word running on Windows so you can share documents with friend and coworkers effortlessly.
If you're not familiar with any version of Word for Windows, don't worry. This course will guide you through the basics of using Word 2011 for Mac, starting with creating a document, typing and editing text, and formatting your text with different colors, fonts, and font sizes so you can truly express yourself. You'll even learn how to design individual pages and add pictures to your documents.
You'll also learn how to save your documents and how to print all the pages in a document, or just the one or two pages you really need. You'll even learn how to customize Word so it works and looks the way you like. Finally, if you need to type foreign languages that require accent marks, you'll learn how to do that too! By the end of this course, you'll be comfortable using Word 2011 to create everything from simple letters to reports.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac and Microsoft Office
2011 for Mac (both Home & Student edition or Home & Business edition)
are all acceptable. Software must be installed and fully operational
before the course begins. A Macintosh with an Intel processor
running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard or higher.
Note: this course is not suitable for Windows users.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)