Computer Education & Training Courses
INTERMEDIATE MICROSOFT ACCESS 2010
Do you have experience building Microsoft Access 2010 databases, but want to take your skills to the next level? In this course, you'll build an entire database project from scratch. By the time you've completed the course, you'll have a fully functional database that tracks customer and order information.
You'll start by learning how to create your new database by importing information from Excel spreadsheets into tables. Using action queries, you'll add and update key fields that allow you to build relationships among the tables. Then you'll master the steps for building complex yet easy-to-use forms to manage table data.
The course offers you tips and techniques for optimizing your database, including ways to build crosstab and summary queries so you can access information quickly and easily. You'll also learn about outer table joins that can make you queries more effective.
Once you've built your database, you'll examine how to build reports using conditional formatting to highlight key data points, and explore Visual Basic, a powerful programming language that allows you to automate simple and complex tasks. Finally, you'll put the finishing touches on your database as you build a navigation form to make it easy for your users to find what they need.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyDeadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsMicrosoft Access 2010 (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. This course is not suitable for Macintosh users. A basic understanding of Microsoft Access objects and their use or completion of Introduction to Microsoft Access 2010 course is required.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)