Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT OUTLOOK 2010
Are you overwhelmed by emails, meetings, and to-do lists? Harness the power of Microsoft Outlook 2010, and you'll instantly enhance your efficiency and productivity.
In this course, you'll learn your way around the new ribbon-based interface and get up and running quickly. Then you'll focus on the core skills you really need in order to work smarter and faster.
First, you'll learn how to manage the flood of emails you receive, creating folders and archives so you can always find what you need. Then you'll discover how to keep track of your contacts and how to use Outlook's Calendar and Alert features. You'll also find out how to customize Outlook so it perfectly meets your needs, and you'll discover how to automate your work with rules.
As a bonus, you'll get insider tips that will make you the Outlook guru in your office. For example, did you know that you can create, send, and receive email messages without ever touching the mouse? You'll find out how, and learn lots of other tricks for getting the most out of Outlook's versatile tools.
Whether you're new to Outlook or you've been using it for years, you're sure to learn something useful in every lesson. In just a few weeks, you'll be a skilled and confident user of this time-saving toolâand you'll never have to worry about missing a meeting, losing an email, or forgetting an important task again!REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsYou will need Microsoft Outlook 2010. (Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.) You will also need Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
Note: this course is not suitable for Macintosh users.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)