Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT POWERPOINT 2010
Take your PowerPoint presentations from "so-so" to sensational! In these lessons, you'll learn how to use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 to create professional-quality slide presentations that grab and hold your audience's attention from start to finish.
First, you'll explore the latest features of PowerPoint, from the all-new File menu to the Backstage View. After that, you'll find out how to create dazzling presentations formatted with themes and a variety of slide layouts. You'll embellish your slides with text, objects, SmartArt, multimedia, animation, sound, charts, clip art, and hyperlinks, and you'll discover that global changes are a snap with the Slide Master.
In addition, you'll find out how to download an online image and insert it onto a slide. You'll also discover how to edit clip art, images, WordArt, and shapes easily with the commands on the Ribbon. You'll explore the printing interface in Backstage View, and find out how to view your presentations in the new Reading View.
And that's just the start! You'll also learn how to create a PowerPoint photo album with your digital pictures, and you'll work with PowerPoint Web Appâan online version of PowerPoint. Finally, you'll add versatility to your PowerPoint skills as you learn to save presentations as PDF files and videos.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced user, these lessons will teach you how to turn simple slides into a polished and exciting presentation that will make your message memorable. If you want to take your PowerPoint skills to a higher level, this is the course for you!REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP with
Service Pack 3; Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 or Microsoft Office Professional 2010 (please be
sure to install this software on your computer before the course begins.) A
free 60-day trial version of Office 2010 may be available at http://www2.buyoffice.microsoft.com/usa/?torb=4&WT.mc_id=ODC_ENUS_GenTry_Control.
Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users, nor for users of any older versions of Microsoft PowerPoint.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)