Test Preparation Courses
SAT/ACT PREPARATION - PART 2
Making the decision to attend college is probably one of the most important decisions you'll ever make, and your performance on college entrance exams is instrumental in determining your college choice. Universities and colleges throughout the U.S. require applicants to take the SAT or ACT as part of their evaluation package. This course will prepare you for both tests.
Both the ACT and the SAT contain verbal and math question types. SAT/ACT Preparation Part 2 will give you all the information you need to do well on the math questions of the ACT and the SAT. The ACT math tests your knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and basic statistics. This course provides you with a complete math review of all these subjects. We'll also show you how to use your time wisely so that you finish as many math questions as possible in the 60 minutes the ACT gives you for the math test.
Beginning with the March 2005 exam, the SAT math questions have changed a bit. They eliminated the quantitative comparison questions and added questions on functions and graphing functions. The lessons in this course are designed to prepare you for those changes. In addition to reviewing arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and basic statistics, we'll cover functions and other algebra II subjects now tested on the SAT.
In addition to preparing you for specific question types on both exams, this course will give you pointers on time management, anxiety relief, scoring, and general standardized test-taking. Weekly assignments encourage you to work with your fellow classmates and your instructor to maximize your performance on all aspects of the math questions of the ACT and SAT. Taken with Part 1, this course will prepare you to excel in all sections of the undergraduate college entrance exams and provide you with the means to achieve your best potential score! REQUIREMENTS:
The Official SAT Study Guide
The Real ACT Prep Guide, 3rd edition
The 2004 and 2009 editions of The Official SAT Study Guide are virtually identical in content. If you have a 2004 version of this book, it is acceptable for this course.
(Book listing current as of 11/25/2014)
INSTRUCTOR: Ed2Go (SS - $85)
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsRequired Books:
The Official SAT Study Guide (2018 edition)
The Official ACT Prep Guide, 2018: Official Practice Tests + 400 Bonus Questions Online (1st Edition)