Computer Education & Training Courses
WHAT'S NEW IN MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010
Get up to speed on the latest version of Microsoft Office 2010! In these lessons, you'll explore all the new features of Office as you work with Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Access databases.
As you master each program, you'll explore both the new 2010 features and those added in 2007. If you're still using Office 2003 or 2007, you'll learn how to transition smoothly to this newer versionï¿½and if you're already using Office 2010, you'll discover ways to work more quickly, efficiently, and confidently.
In Word, you'll learn all about the new 2010 File tab. After that, you'll see how to manage your documents in Backstage View and work with the new Picture SmartArt layouts. Then you'll find out how to make your documents more accessible to all users with the Accessibility Checker, and learn how to find anything in your documents quickly with the Navigation pane. Finally, you'll discover that working in a multicultural world is easier than ever with the new Mini Translator.
In PowerPoint, we'll look at the new File tab and then move on to SmartArt picture layouts and the new Picture background removal feature. In addition, you'll see how video styles can make your videos look spectacular and how the Transitions tab can make slide show transitions easy. You'll also master new animation effects, examine how to organize long presentations using sections, and learn how to create a video from any PowerPoint presentation.
Before you know it, you'll be using each MS Office 2010 program with ease, accomplishing your work faster, and creating documents that look better than ever!
One of the following browsers:
o Mozilla Firefox
o Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)
o Google Chrome
Adobe PDF plug-in (a free download obtained at Adobe.com .)
Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) SP1 (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7.
*Prior experience with at least two Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, or 2010 programs is recommended.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.