INTRODUCTION TO FINAL CUT PRO X
Make the leap from home video enthusiast to professional video editor using Apple's revolutionary Final Cut Pro X editing software! Whether you're an absolute beginner, an iMovie user, or an editor needing to upgrade from a previous version of Final Cut Pro, this course will prepare you to work on any type of editing project quickly and intuitively.
We'll cover the FCPX interface and its basic editing toolset including its advanced handling of metadata, the Magnetic Timeline, the Ripple and Insert edit tools, filters, titles, transitions, and audio tools. We'll also explore many of its advanced features such as Auditions, Compound clips, color correction, masks, and Roles.
You'll discover every feature of the FCPX software via hands-on tutorials in which you'll edit footage to produce finished works that you can show to potential employers, family, and friends. Each lesson focuses on general editing techniques and strategies for many different kinds of projects involving dialogue, music video, documentary interviews, action sequences, and promotional video. Along the way, you'll develop essential skills that will make editing your videos fast, expert, and fun.
By the end of the course, you'll know how to edit
professional video presentations for use on the Web, in education, for
business, or for a career in the motion picture industry!
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsApple, Final Cut Pro X, updated to Version 10.0.3 or above; FCPX is available exclusively from the Mac App Store (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); No Windows version, Mac only; Mac OS 10.6.8 and above.
Note: It is recommended to use a Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better, Open-CL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (512MB of VRAM recommended), and 2GB of RAM (4GB of RAM recommended). A display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher and 2.4GB of disk space is recommended. Final Cut Pro X must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)