Computer Education & Training Courses
INTERMEDIATE MICROSOFT WORD 2013
Go beyond the basics of desktop publishing with Microsoft Word 2013. In this course, you'll learn how to automate Word 2013 to help you write more while typing less. You'll also learn different ways to format text; how to add graphics to create signs, newsletters, or greeting cards; and how to generate documents with indexes and tables of content.
We'll go through tips on automating Word using macros, shortcut keys, and templates so you can create even the most complex formatted documents quickly and easily. You'll also learn how to create and organize text in tables, add graphics to a document, mix graphics and text together, and merge spreadsheet and data to create mailing labels and form letters.
Along the way, we'll go through lots of short examples and hands-on exercises so you can see how Word's advanced features workâbut more importantly, you'll see how you can use these advanced features for your projects. By the end of this course, you'll know how to use Word more effectively and take advantage of all its features so you can get your work done more quickly and easily than you thought possible.
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Microsoft Word 2013 (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10.
Note:This course is not suitable for Macintosh users.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)