PERFORMING PAYROLL IN QUICKBOOKS 2015
Preparing payroll in any small business can be a daunting task. Whether you have one employee or 20 employees, the federal and state requirements are often the same! However, by using the payroll feature in QuickBooks 2015, you can master efficient techniques for creating checks, paying taxes, and generating forms and reports quickly and easily.
You'll start by learning how to prepare for the payroll process by finding the information you need on the Internal Revenue Service website, from the details of complying with withholding requirements for taxes to the process for applying for an employer identification number.
Then you'll review all aspects of how to set up and maintain payroll information for your employees in QuickBooks. You'll learn how to track work and vacation time; produce job costing reports; generate W-2, W-3, and 1099 forms; create paychecks; and much more. And once you've mastered the basics, you'll gain troubleshooting tips and solutions to help you solve common problems and mistakes to simplify the whole payroll process. By the end of the course, you'll be ready to process payroll in QuickBooks and solve many of the problems that can pop up along the way.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Intuit's desktop version of QuickBooks Pro 2015 for Windows or QuickBooks Premier 2015 for Windows software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista or version 7, 8.
The Macintosh, Simple-Start and Online versions of QuickBooks are not supported in this course. Also, please be aware that this course covers only United States payroll procedures. Canadian (or other countries) payroll procedures are not supported in this course.
Note: The differences between the 2015 and 2016 versions of QuickBooks are quite small overall. So, you may use the 2016 version of QuickBooks while completing this course. However, just know that you may encounter some minor differences along the way.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)