Medical Office Training Courses
ICD-10 FAST TRACK FOR PROFESSIONAL CODERS
PLEASE NOTE: The FTCC Med Online courses are for North Carolina residents only.
The ICD-10 Fast Track for Professional Coders course prepares medical coders to use the new ICD-10 code set, which all healthcare facilities and physicians' offices must begin using October 1, 2014. The course assumes students are already familiar with the principles of medical coding as well as medical terminology, pharmacology, and basic anatomy and pathophysiology. Students will learn ICD-10 specific advanced anatomy/physiology as well as advanced pathophysiology and ICD-10 coding with guided hands-on exercises that allow students to gain real-world experience with the new code set. In this course, students will receive the AHA Code Set Training handbook, AMA ICD-10-CM codebook, and the AMA ICD-10-PCB codebook.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE CLASS START DATEREQUIREMENTS:
Please Note: Students must complete all of the course modules and pass the final exam at the end of the course to successfully finish the ICD-10 Fast Track for Professional Coders program. PRE-REQUISITES:
Completion of a coding program and/or current employment in the field of medical coding is required.
Students must have a computer, an e-mail account, and internet access.
Students cannot enroll for more than one FTCC Med Online course at one time. INSTRUCTOR: Career Step, LLC
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
*Please Note: If a student received a scholarship and paid a registration fee of $1.00 for his or her online course that started April 4th, 2018, the student is not eligible to receive a 75-percent refund if the student drops his or her course after the start date of the course and prior to the 10-percent point of the course.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end a several days prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 12th, 2011
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 6th, 2011
- Students cannot enroll for Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding & Online Medical Transcription at the same time.
- A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be sent via e-mail to students on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to the online medical course web site and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access the web site and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsCourse materials are included in a student's registration fee for either Online Medical Transcription Part I or Online Inpatient & Outpatient Coding Part I. Beginning with the April 2009 Online Medical Transcription Part I course, text books will be in a digital format. Students will not receive hard copy textbooks. The hard copy text books can be purchased through Career Step at an additional cost to the student. The foot pedal will be shipped to the student via UPS on the day the course begins. Starting January 2010, the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Part I materials will be a digital format. Students will not receive hard copy textbooks. The second half of the course books and materials will be mailed out via UPS on the day the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding Part II course begins. Please allow seven to ten business days for course books and/or materials to arrive.
Computer RequirementsInternet Access
- 33.6 kbps minimum, but 56k or greater is recommended
- DSL cable modem is even better.
- Wireless is acceptable, too.
- Active internet connection (High speed/Broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (Earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x
- Firefox 3.x *
- Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)*
- Microsoft Windows (XP�, Vista�, 7 with latest service pack)
- Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)*
* The Medical Transcription Editor program includes a third party software tool that makes the training only compatible with Microsoft Windows and Internet Explorer 7.x, 8.x., or 9.x.
** Mobile browsing devices are not currently supported. However, Career Step is investigating the implementation of mobile device support, and these specifications will be updated once a decision has been reached.
*** The Opera browser has been successfully utilized to view courses from an iPad.