Medical Office Training Courses
ONLINE MEDICAL INPATIENT & OUTPATIENT CODING PART II
PLEASE NOTE: FTCC Med Online courses are for North Carolina residents only.
Complete the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient program! The second part of this program is a 16-week course that teaches the process of assigning formal, standardized codes to diagnoses and procedures performed or identified by physicians. Medical coders utilize medical records and patient charts to find diagnostic and procedural information that can be put into numerical codes and used by third party payers (i.e. insurance companies) for payment. In this course, students will learn ICD-10 coding. Reference books and instructional and technical support are included in this course offered by FTCC in partnership with Career Step. This course is online, and a student should plan to devote 25 to 30 hours per week to the course work.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. A WEEK BEFORE CLASS START DATE.REQUIREMENTS:
To enroll in the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding program, the student will be required to enroll in Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding Part I. After completing Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding Part I, the student will enroll in the companion Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding Part II course. The student must complete and pass both classes to successfully finish the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding program. PRE-REQUISITES:
Students cannot enroll for more than one Med Online course at the same time.
A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course. INSTRUCTOR: Career Step, LLC
Refund & Enrollment Policy
Refund PolicyThe refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100 percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10 percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10 percent of class meetings.
Enrollment PolicyEnrollment for a course will end a several days prior to the course start date.
Course Start Date: Wednesday, January 12th, 2011
Enrollment Deadline: Wednesday, January 6th, 2011
- Students cannot enroll for Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding & Online Medical Transcription at the same time.
- A student must complete Part I of a course to be able to register for Part II of the course.
- Access codes and passwords for course curriculum will be sent via e-mail to students on the day the course begins.
* To maintain registration in a course, students must log on to the online medical course web site and complete the course orientation within three days of the course start date. Failure to access the web site and complete the course orientation will result in a student's removal from the course.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Course materials are included in a student's registration. Effective October 2015, the ICD-10 coding textbooks will be shipped to students automatically after the Online Medical Inpatient & Outpatient Coding Part II course begins and the drop/add/refund deadline has passed.
Please allow seven to ten business days for course books and/or materials to arrive.