Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013
Take control of your data! In this course, you'll learn how to harness the power of Microsoft Access 2013 to organize, store, edit, manage, and report on hundreds of thousands of records.
You'll start with the basics of database concepts and structure, and learn to build and customize tables to store data. With that foundation in place, you'll then learn about relational databases, and see how you can use them to build forms, generate reports, and search for data with queries across thousands of records in hundreds of tablesâoften with just a few clicks of your mouse! You'll also discover how to use macros to automate repetitive tasks and increase your efficiency.
Through easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, this course will help you master Access and put it to creative, confident use. You'll develop not only strong Access skills, but a solid understanding of good database design concepts. By the time you've finished the course, you'll know how to organize and assemble an effective database for any kind of information you need to store, document, and manage.
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)