QUICKBOOKS FOR CONTRACTORS 2014
Contractors have many unique bookkeeping needs, so we've designed this course from the ground up specifically for the construction industry.
In this six-week course, you'll learn how to use the Premier Contractor Edition of QuickBooks 2014 to run your business more efficiently. Lessons are clearly illustrated and include easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions to give you hands-on practice with the features that you're sure to use every day. You'll discover how to create custom, professional-looking contract estimates and track time and materials, and you'll learn the different methods you can use to bill your clients, including how to use the QuickBooks progress invoicing and job-costing features.
You'll find out how to deal with tricky situations, like change orders and retainage requirements, and you'll learn how to properly set up accounts, items, customers, and jobs. All along the way, you'll learn how to avoid many of the big and often costly mistakes contractors commonly make with QuickBooks. Finally, you'll learn how specific transactions impact all your accounts, and even some techniques to protect your business from fraud, prepare for tax time, and generate useful and dynamic reports. REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
QuickBooks Premier 2014 for Windows, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 2000, XP, or Vista.
QuickBooks Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins. When installing the software using the Premier version, be sure to select the contractor's edition. QuickBooks Pro 2014 for Windows is acceptable for this course, but please be aware that the Pro version is missing certain features that are only available in the Contractor's Edition used in this course. The Macintosh, Simple-Start, and Online versions of QuickBooks are not supported in this course.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)