Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT EXCEL 2013
Do you work with numbers? Then you need to master Microsoft Excel 2013âand this is the place to do it. Even "non-techie" beginners will find it easy to learn Excel in this fun, step-by-step online course.
These lessons will teach you dozens of shortcuts and tricks for setting up fully formatted worksheets quickly and efficiently. You'll also learn the secrets behind writing powerful mathematical formulas and discover how to use the function wizard to quickly and automatically calculate statistics, loan payments, future value, and more.
In addition, you'll get tips on sorting and analyzing data, designing custom charts and graphs, creating three-dimensional workbooks, building links between files, endowing your worksheets with decision-making capabilities, and automating frequently-repeated tasks with macros and buttons. This informative course covers the new Quick Analysis, Flash Fill, and charting capabilities available in Excel 2013.
This is not a tutorial, but an in-depth class where you'll get training, help, and personal support from an experienced instructor as you're learning Excel basics step-by-step. By the time you're done, you'll be using this vital Office 2013 application like a pro.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users who are using the Office Mac Home versions or for users of older versions of Microsoft Excel. "Starter Version" and "Web App" versions of Microsoft Excel 2013 will not work with the full version of Excel taught in this course.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)