Web Graphics/Multimedia and Web Page Design Courses
INTRODUCTION TO ILLUSTRATOR CS6
If you want to get a job as a graphic artist, you need to learn Adobe Illustrator. In this course, you'll see how Adobe Illustrator CS6 can give you the power to design, draw, and color images quickly and easily.
From drawing objects with the shape tools to mastering the all-important Pen tool to working with shape gradients, you'll gain the techniques you need to produce stunning vector graphics. You'll learn to apply and work with color, create shading effects and painterly brushstrokes, and add special effects such as 3D to your drawings that will set your work apart. You can also easily move designs back and forth between Photoshop and Illustrator to take advantage of the strengths of both programs.
Each lesson contains an assignment that challenges both your creativity and your growing skill with the program. The course is designed to let you work at your own level, whether you're just getting started with Illustrator or looking to refresh your Illustrator skills. Come experience the fun of Adobe Illustrator!REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsAdobe Illustrator CS6 for Windows or Adobe Illustrator CS6 for Macintosh (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP; Mac OSX.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)