Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO WINDOWS 8
Welcome to the world of Microsoft Windows 8! It's a robust, powerful operating system that gives you an efficient way to manage all the apps, programs, files, and folders you use regularly. In this course, you'll learn the basics so you can make the most of this operating system for both work and fun.
You'll start by exploring how to move around within Windows 8 with the new Start screen, Charms bar, and desktop. You'll find out how to manage apps and programs on the Start screen and how to customize the Start screen and desktop areas.
Finding files and folders on your Windows 8 system is easy, and you'll learn how, whether you're looking for files stored on your hard drive or on an external drive. You'll also see how to create basic text documents using WordPad and discover how to organize, manage, and edit photos in Windows 8. Finally, you'll gain an understanding of how to protect your files, update Windows 8, and access the Internet with Windows 8's new Internet Explorer browser.
By the time you finish this course, you'll be ready to have more fun with Windows 8 and be more productive in your work.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsA PC (desktop or laptop) using Microsoft Windows 8: Full version for a new PC, Windows 8 Full Version, or Upgrade Version, Windows 8 Upgrade Version. This course does not support tablets and phones using Windows 8 RT. Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)