Web Graphics/Multimedia and Web Page Design Courses
INTERMEDIATE CSS3 AND HTML5
Today's websites require streamlined code that adapts to a variety of devices, screen resolutions, Web browsers, and user needs. CSS3 and HTML5 are the keys to creating that, and they're the foundation upon which all modern websites built (not to mention many mobile apps, games, and even desktop apps). This means today's software developers need a deep understanding of CSS3 and HTML5.
In this course, you'll take your CSS and HTML skills to the next level and learn how to create professional-quality websites. You'll find out the methods the pros use to quickly build effective sites that are easy to maintain and modify. You'll discover the secrets to ensuring you keep total creative control over every aspect of a site. You'll master specific techniques for using background images and controlling opacity, visibility, and scrollbars. You'll create picture thumbnail galleries, cool hover (mouseover) effects, drop-down menus and flyout menus, and animation effects that work on hover as well as touchscreens like the iPhone and iPad. You'll also discover wonderful easy-to-code methods for creating responsive layouts that scale well to all screen sizes and devices. REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Note: Successful completion of "Introduction to CSS3 and HTML5" course, or prior experience with HTML and Web publishing is recommended.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials Requirements
You'll need a simple text editor like TextEdit in Mac OS or Notepad in Windows, or other Web development tool, as well as basic computer skills, and some familiarity with HTML and CSS.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)