Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO QUICKBOOKS 2013
Learn how to quickly and efficiently gain control over the financial aspects of your small business with this powerful accounting software program.
In 12 lessons, you'll master the tools you'll need to set up a chart of accounts; reconcile your checking account; create and print invoices, receipts, and statements; track your payables, inventory, and receivables; create estimates; and generate reports.
With QuickBooks, you get the same ease of use of Quicken coupled with a more traditional approach to accounting to meet the needs of small to midsized businesses. Whether you're new to QuickBooks or have already used earlier versions of this accounting software program, this course will empower you to take control of financial accounting for your business.REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.
Accessing your course classroom:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsQuickBooks Pro 2013 or QuickBooks Premier Edition 2013; (please be sure to install this software on your computer before the course begins); Microsoft Windows 8, 7, Vista, or XP.
The Enterprise version of the software can also be used for this course. However, this course isn't suitable for Macintosh users, nor for users of QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks SimpleStart.
Note: While this course is based on the U.S. version of QuickBooks, users of the Canadian and Australian versions will be supported in the Discussion Areas to the best of the instructor's ability.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)