INTERMEDIATE PHOTOSHOP CS6
Photoshop is one of the most amazing software programs ever developed. It's a fun and creative way to alter photos and prepare them for print or the Web. In this course, you can take your Photoshop skills to the next level by exploring more advanced features in Photoshop that let you easily re-edit projects long after they were originally created (and long after the Photoshop "undo" command has expired).
These techniques, called non-destructive editing, let you work faster and reuse parts of images over and over again. If you like scrapbooking or want to make page layouts that you can fill with different graphics, you'll learn how to create reusable templates.
You'll learn how to save every single pixel in your original image so you never have to say, "I'm sorry I tossed that information."
You'll see how to use Smart Objects, so that even if you crop or resize an image, you'll be able to get it back to its original size months afterwards. (And you'll learn some tricks to warp Smart Objects that will make the tabloid newspapers jealous!)
Whether you're a photographer who wants to use Photoshop to edit photos, a scrapbooker, or an artist, this course will teach you the building blocks you need to unleash your creativity. It's also a lot of fun!REQUIREMENTS:
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
You need to have completed Introduction to Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5, or CS6. If you have not taken one of these courses, you need to have a good working knowledge of the basic tools in Photoshop and be able to make selections, use the Clone Stamp tool and Healing brushes, and do elementary color correction.
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsThis course requires Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Windowsor Adobe Photoshop CS6 for Mactintosh. It can be part of the Creative Suite 6 in Standard or Extended or Cloud editions or it can be a standalone version of either Standard or Extended. No features from the Extended version will be taught, however.
You may also use the 30-day free trial software provided by Adobe, but if you do, you must wait until week 3 of the course to install it and actually begin to work through the course. Otherwise your trial will end before the last four lessons are released.
This course can be taken on a PC or a Mac. On the PC platform, any of the following are acceptable: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 3; Windows 7 with Service Pack 1. On the Mac platform, you will need Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7.
In addition, you will need to have a program that extracts the example files from the Zip file provided with each lesson. You need to know how to create a new file folder and locate files on your hard drive.
If you wish to share your work with the instructor, you will need an online album in which to display your work. I'll provide instructions for this in the first lesson.
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)