Computer Education & Training Courses
INTRODUCTION TO ADOBE ACROBAT X
If all you think Acrobat does is create PDF files, you're in for a big surprise! In this course, you'll discover how to bring together a wide range of content from dozens of programs that you can reuse and customize in Acrobat X Pro. Need to change some text? No problem. Create a new file? That's easy. Add a page from this file and an image from that file? Or add a new page? Not a big deal. You can do all that and more!
You'll learn how Acrobat X can automatically find and configure fields on a page to convert it to a form. Then you'll use form tracking to send your form to others to fill in and send back to you, and see how Acrobat X collects the data automatically in a specialized PDF Portfolio.
You'll also see how Acrobat X can help streamline the entire collaboration process and simplify how you conduct, control, and manage a document review cycle. You'll even find out how to work in real-time using a chat window in Acrobat X or online using a free Web conferencing room. Finally, you'll discover how to wrap a set of PDF files (and other documents, too) into a PDF Portfolio, complete with a Flash interface and display features, to create the ultimate in customized presentations.
Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC) offers eight-week online courses that provide education and training in a variety of occupational areas! The courses are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field who work to provide you with an effective web-based learning experience. Prior to your course start date, you will receive a reminder e-mail that includes instructions on how to access the classroom website. Courses are hosted on ed2go's learning management system (LMS). Each program includes a set of lessons/modules and evaluations.PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College's Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges, Raleigh on October 15, 1993. The full refund policy is listed in the NC Administrative Code 23NCAC.2D.0203 (d) Brief Statement of Policy:
- A pre-registered extension student who officially withdraws from an extension class(es) prior to the first meeting of the class (should be 24 hours prior) will be eligible for a 100-percent refund by completing an official request form.
- The refund will be 75 percent if requested prior to the 10-percent date of the class(es) meeting.
- No refunds will be given after 10-percent of class meetings.
Deadline for registration is 5:00 P.M. (EST) Wednesday, a week before the course begins.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the Search Catalog bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red Add to Cart button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the Continue to Checkout button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the Classroom link to access your course or courses.
Computer & Course Materials RequirementsAdobe Acrobat X Professional (Windows) or Adobe Acrobat X Standard (Windows), either as a standalone product or as part of a collection; Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7. Adobe Acrobat X Professional [Mac], either as a standalone product or part of a collection; Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11), Leopard (10.5.x), Snow Leopard (10.6.x) or Mac OS X Intel.
Note: Acrobat X software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins. Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator are used in preparation of the course materials, although they aren't necessary to complete the course. Access to these programs will be useful for personal project development
One of the following browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (9.0 or above)