Computer Education & Training Courses
WHAT'S NEW IN MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007
In this course, you'll learn how to use the new features of Microsoft Office 2007. You'll get comfortable creating Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and an Access database. On the surface, MS Office 2007 looks a lot different than previous versions (no more menus or toolbars!), but by learning to understand the dramatically changed, Ribbon-based interface, you'll quickly get back on the road to productivity. Before you know it, you'll be using each program with ease, accomplishing your work faster, and creating documents that look better than ever!
In this course, you'll learn how to use the new features of Microsoft Office 2007. Through easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, you'll get comfortable creating Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and an Access database. On the surface, MS Office 2007 looks a lot different than previous versions (no more menus or toolbars!), but by learning to understand the dramatically changed, Ribbon-based interface, you'll quickly get back on the road to productivity.
In each program, we'll take a quick tour that shows you how to perform the most common everyday tasks. You'll work with a flier, a budget, a funding presentation, and an inventory database--all things you might need to produce in real life. And as you start to feel at home with the Ribbon and tabs, you'll find that underneath that shiny new dashboard, many "nuts and bolts" of the programs aren't really all that different than before!
In Word, you'll learn about QuickStyles and other ways to apply automatic formatting to your documents. You'll insert professional-looking graphics like text boxes and SmartArt. You'll use the new document themes--sets of delicious colors and matching fonts that will make you feel like a graphic designer!
In Excel, you'll use handy cell styles to quickly format your worksheets. You'll see how the new Page Layout view lets you work with your spreadsheets more easily. You'll customize great-looking Excel chart designs to make them totally your own with special effects like reflections, shadows, and WordArt. And you'll see how the Excel list feature lets you handle columnar data like name and address lists.
In PowerPoint, we'll explore new text and graphics features that will take your presentations to a new level. You'll use charts and diagrams to make your important points. And you'll really enjoy special formatting features that can make your presentations shine. Custom backgrounds plus slide show animations and transitions will get your audience's attention and keep it!
In Access, you'll find out how simple it is to create databases by using field templates and some new field types. You'll also learn to use classy new formats for forms and reports. And you'll see how database templates can help you get up and running sooner.
Before you know it, you'll be using each MS Office 2007 program with ease, accomplishing your work faster, and creating documents that look better than ever! REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) SP1, (software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins); Microsoft Windows XP or Vista; Internet access to obtain clip art and templates is recommended but not absolutely necessary; Internet access, e-mail, the Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox Web browser, and the Adobe Flash and PDF plug-ins (two free and simple downloads you obtain at http://www.adobe.com/downloads by clicking Get Adobe Flash Player and Get Adobe Reader). Note: This course is not suitable for Macintosh users. This course assumes a basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access 2003, but all tasks are taught using simple explanations in an easy step-by-step format, so that even someone rusty on some features will still be able to master the basics of Office 2007 and complete the course. PRE-REQUISITES:
Refund & Enrollment Policy
The refund policy for Fayetteville Technical Community College’s Corporate & Continuing Education Division was established by the North Carolina Department of Community Colleges in Raleigh on October 15, 1993 and updated May 16, 2014. The full refund policy is listed in the State Board of Community Colleges Code 1E SBCCC 900.2 with a brief statement of the policy below:
A pre-registered student who officially withdraws from a Continuing Education class(es) prior to the first section meeting of the class will be eligible for a
refund by completing an official request form. In order to be eligible for a 100 percent refund, it is required that a student’s drop request be made prior to
the first class meeting and FTCC encourages students to request a drop at least 24 hours before the first class meeting.
A 75 percent refund will be given if a student officially withdraws after the start of the class and prior to the 10 percent point of the class. This applies to
all courses except a course that begins and ends on the same day. A refund shall not be granted after the start of a course that begins and ends on the
No refunds will be given after the 10 percent of class meetings.
Registration can be achieved through the Learn FTCC website. When you submit your completed registration, you will receive an e-mailed receipt.
Deadline for registration is 12:00 Noon (EST) the Tuesday before the course begins on Wednesday.
- To be officially enrolled in a course, students MUST log on and complete Quiz 1 by the first Friday of a course.
- To receive a passing grade for the course, students MUST complete 9 out of 12 quizzes and pass the final exam with a grade of a 70 or better. Failure to meet both requirements will result in a grade of "U" or unsatisfactory.
Accessing your course classroom:
- Please visit www.ed2go.com/ftcc.
- Double-check your receipt to make sure that you choose the correct course title and date!
- Once the home page pulls up, please type the course name into the "Search Catalog" bar at the top of the screen and press enter.
- When the course description pulls up, please click the red "Add to Cart" button.
- Choose your course date from the listing of dates in the "Session Date" drop down menu, and select the "Continue to Checkout" button.
- On the next page, if you are a returning student, please enter your e-mail address and password in the appropriate fields. At that point, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- If you have never taken an Ed2Go course before, please create a username and password by clicking the link for new students. After creating your username and password, continue through the steps until you reach the "Checkout" page.
- Please click the "Checkout" button.
- After clicking the "Checkout" button, you will be taken to a page where you will read through the registration and payment information.
- If you have already registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will not need to make a payment for your course. At that time, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- If you have not registered and paid your registration fee on the Learn FTCC website, you will be directed to the Learn FTCC website to register and pay your registration fee. Afterwards, please click on the "Enter My Classroom" button.
- On the next page, please click the "Orientation" button on the next page and complete it.
- Write down your username and password in a safe location!
- On the start date of your course, you will return to the www.ed2go.com/ftcc home page, and click on the "Classroom" link to access your course or courses.